MONTROSE GOLDEN RETRIEVERS
SALES AND SPAY/NEUTER AGREEMENT
Montrose Golden Retrievers, hereafter referred to as the Sellers, hereby agree to sell and transfer ownership and possession of the animal described below to
________________________________________________________, hereafter referred to as the Buyer,
for the purchase price of $_________________ with the following conditions and warranties:
Breed: Golden Retriever
Date of Birth: _____________
Registered Name: ________________________________________________________
AKC Registration #: ______________________________________________________
Microchip # ___________________________________
Purpose: Pet & Companion
The Buyer agrees to permanently register, utilizing “Limited Registration”, the above-mentioned animal, hereafter referred to as the dog, with the American Kennel Club, Inc. using the pre-selected name or Kennel Prefix the Seller has chosen; and to provide good care, both physically and emotionally, to the dog as follows:
1. To provide a fenced yard and to prevent the dog from running the streets without chaining or tethering the dog.
2. To provide the care of a qualified veterinarian in the case of illness or injury and for preventative health care.
3. To provide proper nutrition as advised by the breeder or the veterinarian.
4. To provide shelter from the weather both in winter and in summer.
5. To at NO TIME allow the dog to ride outside of a travel crate while in or on the bed of a pick up truck or other open vehicle.
6. To sexually neuter this pet; but not before 18 months of age for females. or before 2 years of age in males. The Buyer understands the reasons for this timely neutering are to eliminate ANY possibility of an accidental breeding and to protect the breed by eliminating the possibility of producing inferior pure or mixed breed puppies. The Buyer also understands that the positive action of neutering is the responsible action of a responsible pet owner.
7. To, in general, care for this dog physically AND emotionally as the loving, totally dependent living being that the dog is.
8. To contact the Seller for advice and/or assistance if, for reasons beyond the buyers control, the buyer finds that the above conditions cannot be adequately met.
9. To contact the Seller in writing and offer the seller the right of first refusal should the buyer decide to transfer possession or ownership of the dog. There will be no refund of purchase price by the seller. Buyer agrees that the dog may be placed in a new home without any fee from the new home. IF the dog is placed in a new home and a fee is received, any fee will be returned to the original buyers LESS any veterinary expenses incurred by the breeder.
10. To provide seller with any and all change of address during the dog’s entire life.
The seller agrees to the following:
1. To warrant that said dog will be genetically capable of fulfilling his/her purpose as described above.
2. To warrant that said dog will be functionally sound in hips, heart, and eyes for the purpose as described above.
3. To guarantee that said dog will be generally healthy for a period of 72 hours from the time the possession of the dog is transferred to the Buyer whether in person or at time of transfer to buyers choice of shipper. Buyer(s) agree that any mode of shipping animal is at buyer’s sole expense, risk, and responsibility.
1. To have puppy examined within 72 hours of purchase by a licensed veterinarian to validate this guarantee.
2. The puppy is not being purchased for resale and will never be sold to a pet shop, puppy mill or agent of same.
3. To provide all annual vet exams, to continue all required vaccine boosters, or Titer’s (preferred) as recommended by their vet, and proper vet care. It is important the puppy has all puppy shots. Failure to comply with and provide documentation of these requirements voids all guarantees.
4. The value of the pet for the purpose of this guarantee is solely the original purchase price of the pet, and does not include any additional prices declared by the buyer, such as value of show dog, shipping fees or Veterinary expenses.
5. That the Buyer will use the prefix Montrose at the beginning of the dog’s AKC registered name.
6. If for any reason litigation should occur it shall be held in Chicago, Cook County, IL. Breeder shall not be responsible for any costs associated with this process.
1. Breeder guarantees that puppy has had proper care to date and has been checked by a veterinarian. Puppy has received its first shots and is wormed. Medical records will be furnished at time of purchase. If puppy is being shipped, shots & worming records will be sent with puppy. If within 72 hours of receiving the puppy and he/she is examined by a reputable veterinarian and the health of the puppy is found to be at risk due to a congenital defect (existing at birth), owner shall notify breeder and provide a written statement from a licensed vet describing puppy’s condition.
Buyers shall return the puppy and papers to the breeder within three days of the examination. Breeder will replace puppy or refund purchase price provided puppy is in the same condition mentally and physically as when originally purchased. This does not include worms, fleas, mites, cocci, giardia, or any other parasites as they are common in dogs and puppies.
2. Breeder is not responsible if puppy contracts a communicable disease after leaving breeder’s possession.
3. Breeder warrants puppy against any congenital defect causing death of or making necessary euthanasia until one year of age.
4. Breeder offers 2 year hip guarantee on any puppy found to have moderate or severely affected hip dysplasia. The following applies: The puppy must have a new x-ray by your veterinarian to confirm the diagnosis and it must be documented by an official OFA preliminary consultation.
5. Upon receipt of a letter to breeder from a reputable veterinarian stating that in his/her opinion this condition is congenital, puppy will be replaced by a puppy of equal value at breeder’s convenience. We reserve the right to have a second opinion from our veterinarian. We also reserve the right to acquire DNA to determine the dog or puppy as one of our lineages.
6. Breeder does not guarantee color, size, championship or temperament of any puppy.
To be covered by this guarantee, the following conditions need to apply:
1. Puppy must be owned by original owner named in this agreement.
2. In the case of sudden demise of puppy, breeder must receive a written notice of puppy’s death from owner’s vet, along with a necropsy report indicating cause of death.
If the Sellers are satisfied that the above described dog is unsuitable for the purpose sold because of conditions outlined in the warranty section of this agreement, the Sellers will, at their discretion, either replace said dog with one of comparable value and qualities at their earliest convenience, or refund the purchase price of said dog. In either case, the unsuitable animal will, at the discretion of the Seller, be returned to the Seller at the sole expense of the Buyer. In no case shall any Veterinary expenses be the responsibility of the sellers.
We hope that you will enjoy your puppy for years to come. We have taken steps to ensure that your new puppy is healthy by feeding a premium quality food and we have introduced your puppy a raw food diet.
We Believe that a raw food (uncooked) diet is of paramount importance in the health of our dogs.
We hope you will continue with this diet for the health and longevity of your new puppy.
The results of this diet are a silky coat, beautiful white teeth without the need for constant Veterinary cleanings, and a proper trim physique.
Additionally we ask you to consider following the NEW MINIMAL VACCINATION Protocols after your puppy has received the initial series of puppy vaccinations.
This will consist of yearly blood Titers to check continuing immunity RATHER than automatic “Boosters.” The cost of these titers is virtually the same as the shots; however you will spare your dog from the possible side effects (cancer and allergic reactions) of continuing over vaccinations . Rabies vaccinations are mandated by state law and your pup must be vaccinated to comply with this law. We suggest the 3 year Rabies vaccine
As this reduces the number of times your dog must be exposed to this harmful procedure.
The Sellers hereby offer a cash rebate program to the buyer for training the Dog and attaining recognized AKC titles, and/or performing health checks (one time) in accordance with the following schedule:
AKC CD: $ 50.00
AKC RA: $ 50.00
AKC Junior Hunter: $ 50.00
AKC TD: $ 50.00
AKC OA: Open Agility $50.00
AKC CDX: $ 100.00
AKC RE: $ 100.00
AKC Senior Hunter: $ 100.00
AKC AX: Agility Excellent $100.00
AKC UD: $ 150.00
AKC UDX: $ 250.00
AKC Master Hunter: $ 150.00
AKC TDX: $ 150.00
CGC The AKC Canine Good Citizen designation $ 25.00
OFA Hip Evaluation $ 50.00
CERF Eye Evaluation $ 15.00
OFA Heart Evaluation $ 15.00
TDI – Therapy Dog Certification $ 100.00
The Buyer understands that he/she is purchasing a dog of a fine, retrieving breed and that responsible breeders of this breed do all in their power to protect the breed from degradation and harm; and that he/she is purchasing this dog from breeders whose reputation could be tarnished from the irresponsible actions of Buyers. The Buyer further understands and agrees that any willful or substantial violation of the above sale conditions will result, at the sole and absolute discretion of the sellers, in the forfeiture of ownership and possession rights of the dog without refund of monies paid; and that transfer, disposal, or Breeding of the dog without adhering to the terms of the agreement will result in a liability of three (3) times the purchase price of the dog plus any costs of litigation.
SCOPE AND AMENDMENTS:
This agreement embodies the entire agreement between the parties hereto, and supersedes any and all other agreements between the parties in connection with the sale of the Dog described herein. This agreement may be amended at any time by the consent and signature of all parties in writing, provided that the written document so states that the purpose of the document is to amend this agreement.
This agreement is hereby entered into and wholly executed in the State of Illinois and litigation arising from any possible breach of this agreement shall be adjudicated in the County of Cook, in the State of Illinois, under Illinois law. All parties hereby submit themselves to the jurisdiction of said courts. Should any provision of this agreement be held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
By signature below, the Buyer(s) and the Sellers affirm that they have read and understand this agreement and will abide by the articles of this agreement.
Buyers _________________________________________ Date ____________2019
Telephone Home: _______________________________
Emergency contact phone: _____________________
Sellers _________________________________________Date ____________2019